Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hello Friends! First off, I need to let you know some information about me. For 10 years now, I've been sick with Multiple Sclerosis. It's a very harsh and unforgiving disease. Every day is different for me. Some days I feel Okay, other days just completely rotten. Sometimes the rotten days drag on for awhile. That's what has happened to me lately. Good news is, right now, this moment, I'm good; And I'm here with you! Praise the Lord. All Glory to Him. Well today I wanted to give you the countdown to Christmas: 75 DAYS!!!! It's such a beautiful time of year, I'm ready for it. My husband chopped up a huge supply of firewood, so it can go ahead and snow.
Colorado is such a beautiful state. It's just gorgeous here, throughout all of the different seasons. Well,I have for you today a recipe that I think is just delicious:
Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes about 8 dozen 2" cookies)
Ingredients: 2 1/4 cups Flour, 1 tsp. Baking Soda, 1 tsp. Salt, 1 cup softened Butter or Margarine, 3/4 cup Sugar, 3/4 cup Brown Sugar-(packed), 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract, 2 Eggs, 2 cups(12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup chopped Walnuts*
Pre-Heat Oven To 375. In Small Bowl, Mix together Flour, Baking Soda & Salt. In Large Bowl, Combine Butter, Sugars and Vanilla. Mix until Creamy. Beat in Eggs. Little by Little add dry Ingredients. Mix Well. Stir in Chocolate Chips and Nuts. Drop By teaspoonfuls onto Ungreased Cookie Sheets, Bake in 375 oven for 8 minutes or Until Lightly Browned. -Enjoy*(This Recipe is Tried and True.)
I read a saying that I liked, and posted it on my fridge with a magnet. I want to share it with you. It goes like this: "TO ACT WITHOUT CLEAR UNDERSTANDING, TO FORM HABITS WITHOUT INVESTIGATION, TO FOLLOW A PATH ALL ONE'S LIFE WITHOUT KNOWING WHERE IT REALLY LEADS, SUCH IS THE BEHAVIOR OF THE MULTITUDE."-Menclus
I really liked that saying. I think it's profound. So I had told you before that I would let you know of any good books I read and I just finished one that I think you might like, especially to share with your kids. Older kids, pre-teen, because it is a tad scary and I would think it just isn't appropriate at all for the wee ones. This would be a really good book to have your child read aloud to you maybe while you are making dinner(or,Grandma's chocolate chip cookies), or doing laundry, dishes,whatever. But seriously, even if your child reads at least 1 chapter out-loud to you every day, the difference in their reading will be substantial! They need to read what holds their interest and I think this book really will. It's called CORALINE by Neil Gaiman /It's about a girl whose new house has a door inside that is always locked,when she gets ahold of the key to it, the other side of the door is a brick wall. Until the day she unlocks the door again and finds a passage way instead of the brick wall, and goes down that path. She enters a house that looks exactly like hers, yet better, it seems. But only at first. Well, I won't tell you more because I don't want to ruin it for you. Again, The Book is: CORALINE by Neil Gaiman.
I want you to know that a wonderful place to purchase books, at a very great price is: Amazon.com or else e-Bay also has books for sell. My husband sells books sometimes on e-Bay. If you click on where it says 'Community', you could write in this user name to see his books that are for sale: mrbrownsbooks
There are none for sale today. He takes care of me and when I'm sick it doesn't leave him much time to work on the e-Bay part of his life. Soon there will be books for sale again. I'll let you know.But, Not the Coraline book. That's in my own personal library. I won't sell that one. Well, I want you to have a glorious Day! I'll try to get back to you as soon as I'm able. I have a Doctor's appointment in the morning. Please Pray for me. -Please remember to love your family. God picked them out especially for you.-Missygirl*







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]