Thursday, October 19, 2006

Well Hello Again, it's me Missygirl. Sorry I've been away, Been sick again. It looks like that will probably be how our relationship is. It can't be helped. That's all I have to give. Some days I'm good, Somedays just not. Good news though, I did get the medicine I needed so I'm up and running again. Praise the Lord!
Today there are 66 Days Until Christmas! It's always good to be 'in the know'. I like to know exactly how much time I have to get those cards and gifts ready. Last minute things never really turn out well and it seems they are always way more expensive. This year I want to try to be ready.
Well, I am in the middle of a good book. It's #2 in a series. The first book is called: THE TROUBLE WITH TULIP the second book in the series (I'm reading this one now) is called: BLIND DATES CAN BE MURDER They are equally wonderful. A very good author.
Her name is: MINDY STARNS CLARK. She has more books but I'm not familiar with those. These two I do highly recommend. They are part of a series called 'Smart Chick Mystery' stories. These books are about a woman named Jo Tulip. She does a newspaper column about helpful household hints. It used to be her grandmother's column and she'd help her with it, after grandma died she took it over. She pretty much has handy advice for every situation. The first book talks about a situation of the death of an elderly neighbor lady and it's all about the mystery surrounding that. (It was one of my favorite all time reads.) This one talks about how Jo is going on a blind date but things go from bad to worse when the date drops dead and Jo finds herself smack in the middle of a murder investigation. I have no idea how this one will turn out but it's getting good.
I did start reading the book by Montel Williams, Climbing Higher, I didn't care for that one at all. I was interested in it at first because Montel is sick with MS just like me and I wanted to see how he was dealing with it. I learned one thing for sure: EVERYONE SURE DEALS WITH THEIR LIFE'S PROBLEMS IN A 100% DIFFERENT WAY! My dad called me a few days ago and said he had heard of a guy named Montel who was sick with MS too. He wanted to know if I'd ever heard of him. I said, "Yes, Dad, I have." He said, "Did you hear that he's planning a bungee jump into a volcano?" I said, " No, I didn't hear that." I told Dad that I had been reading Montel's book and how he smokes pot constantly to deal with the pain. (I personally think people shouldn't have to resort to illegal drugs. ) Then Montel said how when he's feeling pain, he likes to hit himself on the head to have a pain in a different spot to focus on instead of the pain from MS. I thought, Okay... my comment is I could go ahead and hit him in the head with his stupid book if that would make him feel better. But, now that there's this whole volcano thing happening , I think a way better idea is for him to just throw the book into the volcano since he'll be up there anyway. I don't know. These are just my thoughts now. I really don't think bungee jumping into a volcano will help his MS. I could be wrong. Like I said before, He is just dealing with his stuff in a different way. Personally, I take the calmer road.
A really good CD that I'm totally interested in is THREE WOODEN CROSSES It's Christian music sung by pretty much country singers. There's Randy Travis, Lee Ann Wommack, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, I believe Amy Grant, LeeAnn Rhymes... A bunch of others. You should check this one out.
In the next couple of days, on e-Bay, mrbrownsbooks will be having more books for sale on there. I'm not sure of the titles, but I will personally pick some good ones, for those that are interested. I'm gonna say goodnight now, just remember: The Lord Jesus loves you & He's coming back soon. Please make sure that you are ready for Him. He could come at any time. Then it will be time for us to go home! With love-Missygirl*






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]