Saturday, December 30, 2006

Hello Everyone! A beautiful day it is today! Yes, you must have heard...Snow fell in Colorado again. Two blizzards within one week! Jeepers! For this second round of snow, We were supposed to get 40". That didn't happen & I praise The Lord for that! Truth be told, we hadn't gotten totally out from underneath the last snowfall yet. Today looks great. Blue skies, birds chirping, the dripping sound of melting snow, these are so welcome. My husband has been out of town for the last week. I prayed a prayer of blessings over my neighbor this morning when I went outside and noticed that out of the goodness of his heart, he had shoveled the sidewalk in front of my house and around the mailbox, so that even the mailman wouldn't have a hard time there. Kindness is so wonderful, and I'm so thankful it was showed to me in the time of my need.
Well, I'm almost done reading a book that I (kind of) can recommend. Let me elaborate. The book is called: Between a Wok and a Hard Place -by Tamar Myers (it's a Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery with Recipes) Generally what I do is, give it the first 100. This is a system I've invented where after I've read the first 100 pages, if I feel that it's really not doing a darn thing for me, I close the book up and move on. I was about right at 100, as a matter of fact, I believe I gave it a few more pages because I had ordered these books (actually 4 books by the same author) from e-bay and I don't like wasting my money. Who does?...So I think it was page 106, and I started really liking it. I have 50 pages left now, and it seems to just be getting better and more interesting with each turned page. I'm glad, because like I said, I have 3 more that I'd like to read, by that same author, Tamar Myers. The titles are: Thou Shalt Not Grill, Assault and Pepper, The Crepes of Wrath. Again, they are Pennsylvania Dutch Mysteries with Recipes.
These books are about Amish/Mennonite families with mysterious situations in their lives and these books do have recipes.
I'd like to share this fact with you: Absence does make the heart grow fonder. It also does make you notice how many very good looking country music singers there are. Josh Turner, & Kenny Chesney are great examples of this. (I'll shut up now. I just miss my husband. I'm not used to him being away. I forgot to mention, he's visiting his mother.)
I have been busy this last week since he's been gone. I've been busy doing upkeep on myself. Actually, it's been fun. Shedding a few pounds, (If you don't have anyone to cook for, it does make it real easy.) I've been using this new kind of face care stuff. (I don't know how to describe it) You know, it has cleanser, moisturizers, eye cream, all that. Actually it's pretty good. (Or maybe just the fact that I'm washing my face all the time now, might have a little to do with it.) Also, I've been using Teeth Whitening strips. (I do like my coffee) Those are working good. One more thing I don't think I mentioned, I got my nose pierced. It does look good. I've done it before, but with the really strong M.S. medications I was taking, it didn't want to heal. I haven't been taking those meds in a long time and now I wanted to try again. It looks like it's healing fine. Why did I get that done, you ask? Hard to explain. I'm a good girl, you all know that. But, I've got a little piece of gypsy in me. A stubborn little bit that I can't get rid of. I've tried. Bad part is, I like it. It makes me different. My husband already knows how I am, he can't get the gypsy out of me either. Now that I think back, he's tried and failed too. Oh well, in the words of Popeye the sailor, "I am what I am." The part that's most important of all is that The Lord God loves me and shows me that love, He tells me to trust Him, and that He'll never leave me, nor forsake me. For me, He 's my all in all. My Savior, my deliverer, my best friend.*
In the end, there's nothing more important than your relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ.*
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
I wanted to share this interesting and fun fact with you: Elmer Kline, a bakery manager in 1921, was given the job of naming the company's new loaf of bread. As he struggled to come up with something"catchy", he found his answer in an unlikely place. While visiting the grounds of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, he stopped to watch the International Balloon Festival. Later he described the sight of the beautiful hot-air balloons launching into the Indiana sky as one of "awe and wonderment". The thought stuck, and he called the new product Wonder Bread. To this day, the packaging for Wonder Bread is brightened by colorful balloons.*
Have a Wonderful Day! * Remember, take time to be beautiful! Your friend, -Missygirl





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]