Thursday, March 15, 2007

Good morning everybody! I'm so glad to be here with you. I hope you all are doing well.
I wanted to share this with you today:

In 1842 Massachusetts enacted a law
limiting the workday for children
under the age 12 to 10 hours.*

wow. .....It was hard for me to get my kids to clean their room.
Times sure have changed haven't they?

Today seems like an awesome day to make soup. It's a little overcast; might start raining.
Actually I have some curtains I need to hem. Not really hem, I just need to make them shorter. Years ago when I originally made them, we lived in a different house with long windows and I think it wouldn't take much effort to fix them to be a perfect fit for this house. I need to quit being lazy and just do it. I might make that my goal today. It's a good one.
I have a new sewing machine that my husband got me for my birthday. I do want to learn how to sew clothes even. I have some good books for beginners and some 'easy sew' patterns for clothes in my size and everything. I'd like to be able to show my girls how to make clothes. My mother knows how, she used to make clothes for me when I was a kid. She used to make and sell cloth dolls too, I remember. I wish she lived closer to me, Washington state is a bit far to go for a sewing lesson a few times a week. I have the books so I'm sure I can do this thing. I can just keep saying that I'm not handy that way but I guess if I don't even try then I truly never will be.
*************************************

THEN AND NOW:

*THEN: Long hair.
NOW: Longing for hair.

*THEN: The perfect high.
NOW: The perfect high yield mutual fund.

*THEN: Keg.
NOW: EKG.

*THEN: Acid Rock.
NOW: Acid Reflux.

*THEN: Moving to California because it's cool.
NOW: Moving to California because it's warm.

*THEN: Getting out to a new, hip joint.
NOW: Getting a new hip joint.

*THEN: You're growing pot.
NOW: Your growing pot belly.

*THEN: Killer weed.
NOW: Weed killer.

*THEN: Hoping for a BMW.
NOW: Hoping for a BM.

*THEN: The Greatful Dead.
NOW: Dr. Kavorkian.

*THEN: The Rolling Stones.
NOW: Kidney stones.

*THEN: Being called into the principal's office.
NOW: Calling the principal's office.

*THEN: Screw the system!
NOW: Upgrade the system.

*THEN: parents begging you to get your hair cut.
NOW: children begging you to get their heads shaved.

*THEN: Take acid.
NOW: Take antacid.

*THEN: Passing the driver's test.
NOW: Passing the vision test!

**************************************************

A man rushed into a barber shop, took an empty chair and said, "Cut all 3 short."
"All 3 What?" demanded the barber.
"The hair, the beard and the conversation."

*********************************************************************

FYI: If you're a coffee drinker, (well, even if you're not) you've probably heard of the Maxwell House brand. The original Maxwell House was actually a luxury hotel in Nashville, Tennesee that was known for it's excellent coffee.*


Have a wonderful day, all! You're always in my mind and heart.
Remember- we can live well each day with laughter, The Lord, friends and family and the joy that comes in the little things of life. (not exactly in that order, you know what I mean.) Blessings! -Missygirl*






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]