Sunday, March 18, 2007

Question....Ever invite your dogs to a backyard barbeque? They won't turn you down.

I had a picnic outside in the backyard yesterday, I was home alone, husband was working, so I invited my dogs, they were so happy. They never complained about the food, stayed by my side the whole time (until they saw a squirrel, then the race was on, I guess at that point they assumed I needed their protection. I didn't see the danger personally, but who am I? It's a dog's life anyway.)

There's some new country songs I've heard this week. One is called 'Turnip Greens', I don't remember hearing who was singing it, I was just shocked how people can write a cool song about ANYTHING, and then I heard Brad Paisley's song: 'I'd like to check you for Ticks.' -He's about the only one who could get away with using that for a pick up line, even. - (song's called 'Ticks')
One of my favorite's is Brooks and Dunn's new one: "Hillbilly Deluxe". You know, I've just stopped trying to purge my liking for country music out of me. I just think it's great. Alot of the songs talk about the singer's love for God. Josh Turner has a real good one called, "Me & God", song talks about him and his relationship with his best friend 'God'. Isn't that just wonderful? When someone stands up and feels comfortable with a high moral standard that they believe in, it deserves to be commended. ~That's Pretty Cool, good job, Josh.~

" Be the change you want to see in the world" -Mahatma Gandhi

I read this today. Because Resurrection Day (Easter) is fast approaching and I thought you might be able to use this, I thought I'd share it: * To keep rolls, muffins, and biscuits warm longer, line your bread basket with aluminum foil, then wrap warm baked goods in a towel and pop them in the basket.*

Back in January I had mentioned about some books I purchased off of e-Bay, or Amazon. (Not positive, I so much enjoy books and I get them all over the place, it's hard to exactly remember the details) Anyway, I finished one last week, 'Elementary my Dear Watkins' by Mindy Starns Clark. It was the third and final book in the Smart Chick Series. (mystery) It was a very good book. I recommend the whole 3 book series. It was quite good. The author as well as the main characters have a grand love for The Lord. It is the same in the book I'm reading now. It's a book by Tamar Myers called, 'The Crepes of Wrath' It's one in a mystery series, too. I recommend this book also. VERY GOOD & fun. These books have recipes in them. I want to give you the recipe for crepes that is in the book but I can't tonight. I'll give it to you next time. You see, today is my dad's birthday and I want to call him and find out how his day went.
So I'll say goodbye for now, friends. Goodnight! Blessings! -Missygirl*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]