Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hello today Everyone...I wanted to talk a little bit about gardening and doing some different things outside today, but there was an incident this morning that has me a little rattled still.
I wanted to share that with you. This morning I let my dogs go outside into the back yard and I went into the kitchen to take an allergy tablet. As I was in the kitchen I heard my dogs start barking and then a cat hissing and meowing real loud. I got outside right away to see what was going on and I saw a kitten hissing at my barking dog, on the kitten's side was a bite mark that looked like the skin had been broken, but it wasn't bleeding. I shooed my dogs away and tried to pick up the kitten but it was hissing at me and then ran off under the fence. I was concerned for the kitten to be sure, but it wouldn't let me near it. I felt immediate anger at pet owners who don't get their animals spayed or neutered. That is part of the responsibility of owning pets! It isn't fair to the pet itself or it's offspring. Not to mention other people or animals who might come in contact with it. As much as I was angry over the incident, I had to reassure myself that this wasn't my dogs' fault. The cat was in their back yard and they are only acting the way they are ingrained from The Creator. Cats and dogs. Such was the start of my morning. .......
******************************************************************************

May 31,1884: Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, applied for a patent for his flaked cereal, a ready-to-eat breakfast food later sold as Kellogg's Corn Flakes.*

************************************************************************************
ROSES, BEAUTIFUL ROSES!
>Prune climbing roses after they flower, not before.
>To cut down on disease, rake up leaves that fall off your rosebushes and keep the area under them clean.
>Sprinkle Epsom salts around the bases of rosebushes to supply needed minerals.
>Save banana peels and bury them around your rosebushes to provide potassium.
>When you see bugs on the leaves of your rose bushes, or the leaves look as if someone has came under the cover of darkness with a hole puncher and had at the leaves, try this remedy:
In a clean spray bottle, combine 2 inches of Listerine Antiseptic mouthwash (blue) and about 8 inches of water. Shake well and spray on sick rose bushes.
DO NOT USE THIS MIXTURE ON ANY OTHER PLANTS!!!!...IT COULD HARM THEM. Use on Rose bushes only.
>Do Not Put Rosebushes To Sleep Wet At Night. Wet causes fungus.*

********************************************************************************************

In Connecticut:
(These are a few actual laws that are on the books still today)
#1: You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
#2: It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.
#3: In order for a pickle to 'officially' be considered a pickle, it must bounce.*

******************************************************************
IT'S TIME TO WASH THOSE WINDOWS!!

~ To make an inexpensive window cleaner, combine about a half cup ammonia,
2 1/2 cups rubbing alcohol, 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid, 1 1/2 quarts water, and blue food coloring (if desired) in a clean half gallon jug. Shake well and label. To use, transfer to a clean spray bottle.
~ When washing windows, use horizontal strokes inside and vertical strokes outside, or vice versa. When it comes to figuring out where the streaks are, you'll know which side is which.
~ Spray windows, then wipe immediately using loosely wadded newspaper. (Do not use coated paper, such as advertising inserts.)
~ To prevent bird collisions with windows, you could float helium balloons in front of the windows on 2-3 foot lengths of string. Birds often fly into windows during nesting season. Male birds in particular, confuse their reflections with invaders. Once baby birds hatch, the adults tend not to display such aggressive behavior.*

*******************************************************************
GARDEN ADVICE: as you work in the garden,
change your position every 15 minutes
to avoid backaches.*
*********************************************************************
The Teacher while looking at the globe says: Who can tell me where the English Channel is?
Missygirl answers: I don't know. My TV doesn't have cable.*
***************************************************************************

WHEN WE LIVE OUR LIVES IN GOD'S STRENGTH
WE WILL ULTIMATELY SUCCEED.* Blessings! -Missygirl*







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]