Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hi Friends! I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to spend some time with you today and share a couple of things. I thought this was interesting: In 1953, a fledgling business called Rocket Chemical Company and it's staff of three set out to create a line of rust-prevention solvents and degreasers for use in the aerospace industry. It took them 40 attempts to perfect their formula. The original secret formula for WD-40 (which stands for Water
Displacement, 40th attempt) is still in use today. What a story of persistence!*

**********************************

I read this and thought it was just great! I think you'll like it too.

With a husband and children, I find that I have a household that never stops; and I must admit, there are times that I get a bit discouraged and tired. Not from lack of love and appreciation, but from the fact that every minute is taken and busy. Yet, I can find quiet amid the noise if I remember my resources which are all wrapped up in the Person of Jesus Christ. He can give quiet amid the storm; He can give strength when I feel I am at the end of mine. He never promised to take away all hardship, all sorrow, nor absolve all impossible situations, nor remove all the giants in our lives; but He did and does promise to be with us in and through these times and for all time. -Gigi Graham Tchividjian*

********************************

Pure and Simple Lemonade
(Try this lemonade- fit to quench any thirst)

8 Lemons, rolled between your palm and a tabletop, then squeezed (strain out seeds)
1 cup Sugar
3 cups Cold Water
1 Lemon, sliced as thinly as possible, for garnish

Combine the lemon juice, sugar, and water in a glass pitcher. Refrigerate until well-chilled. Serve over ice in the tallest glasses you find, garnished with the lemon slices. Makes 4 servings.*

************************************

I enjoyed my time with you today! I'll see you again soon. Blessings! -Missygirl*






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]