Friday, July 20, 2007

Apollo 11 landed on the surface of the moon, July 20, 1969; Sunday.
Most of us are familiar with Armstrong's historic statement as he stepped onto the moon's surface:
"That's one small step for a man; one giant leap for mankind." But few know about the first meal eaten there. Buzz Aldrin had brought aboard the spacecraft a tiny communion kit provided by his church. Aldrin set a radio broadcast to earth asking listeners to contemplate the events of that day and to give thanks. Then, in radio blackout for privacy, Aldrin poured wine into a silver chalice. He read, "I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit."
(John 15:5) by Dennis Fisher* When I read that this morning I thought of how the Lord is with us at ALL times. What a wonderful God we have that He cares so much for us. I hope that story blessed you as much as it did me. I praise Him. Blessings! -Missygirl*









<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]