Monday, December 31, 2007

'A LONG TIME AGO'

I was walking down life's highway, a long time ago....

One day I saw a sign that read: "Heaven's Grocery Store."
As I got a little closer, the door came open wide,
and when I came to myself I was standing inside.
I saw a host of angels, they were standing everywhere.
One handed me a basket and said, "My child, shop with care."
Everything a Christian needed was in that grocery store,
and all that you couldn't carry, you could come back the next day for.
First I got some PATIENCE. Some LOVE was in the same row.
Further down was UNDERSTANDING (you need that wherever you go).
I got a box or two of WISDOM, and a bag or two of FAME.
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost (He was all around the place).
Then I stopped to get some STRENGTH and COURAGE to help me run this race.
By then my basket was getting full, I remembered I needed some GRACE.
I didn't forget SALVATION (for SALVATION, that was free)
I tried to get
enough of that to save both you and me.
Then I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
for I thought that I had everything to do my Master's will.
As I went up the isle, I saw PRAYER. I just had to put that in.
For I knew that when I went outside, I'd run right into sin.
PEACE and JOY were plentiful, they were on the very last shelf.
SONGS and PRAISES were hanging near, so I just helped myself.
Then I said to the angel, "How much do I owe?"
He just looked at me and smiled and he said,
"Just take them wherever you go."
Again I looked at him and smiled and said,
"But how much do I really owe?"
Again he looked at me and smiled. He said,
"my child, JESUS paid your bill a long time ago."
by, Irene the poem lady. (-circa 1997.)


***************************************************
Today is the very last day of 2007.
It's kind of breathtaking, thinking that there's a brand new year that will be starting! Free of mistakes, open wide to do wonderful things for the Lord and for my own life. What a gift from God! I really want to take advantage of what a new year offers. Well, thank you for being with me this year! Have a safe new year's holiday and .......I will see you
NEXT YEAR!!! Blessings!-Missygirl*








<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]