Tuesday, February 19, 2008

DON'T GIVE MONEY TO 700 CLUB/CBN!!!

I'm so upset right now, you can't even imagine.
(For me to tell you guys this, you do know how upset I must be.)
On September 10, 1996, I was watching the 700 Club, as Pat Robertson was talking, he led me to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior. Since that day, Jesus Christ has been the consuming power in my life, my love for Him has no limits. I'm a Christian to the core. Needless to say, The 700 Club had a place in my heart as I can never forget that life-changing day.
Recently, I contacted the 700 club and told them I would be a partner with them and contribute money to them on a monthly basis. I thought in my (stupid, I guess) mind, that maybe more people would be saved too. I thought I was doing something good. Today I was looking at stuff on the computer and I was reading some things about CBN {Christian Broadcasting Network} and The 700 Club; I was floored! The following are some things I read:

CBN SALARIES for 2006:

CBN President Michael D. Little $275,868.00
CBN Vice-President Gordon P. Robertson (Pat's son) $265,418.00
700 Club co-host Terry Meeuwson $190,725.00
anchor Lee White $ 156,899.00


The 700 Club took in $462,597,261.00 in 2005
The Better Business Bureau says they refuse to disclose where the money went.
A BBB report revealed they are NOT being upfront about where donations are going.

No doubt, the 700 Club spends millions to help the poor; but how many millions are being spent on themselves as well? They certainly don't need my money. They don't need your money either. I try to make wise decisions in what I do with my money. I know it's a blessing from the Lord. I sent them a letter off this morning, notifying them that I won't be donating anything in the future and exactly why. I'm sure they won't care, my money is such a pittance in comparison to what they have, but to me it's important. Please don't give them any more money. God Bless you all, my friends. I know we're being tugged hard to make donations to different things, to give...Please don't make my mistake, check everything out real good first, don't let good feelings be your guide like I did. Pray about it first, let God lead you, and then you won't be anyone's puppet. -Missygirl*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]