Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hello to Everyone today!! -Hopefully everybody is having a fabulous day!
-And I do hope you enjoy the things I post,
I enjoy sharing them with you, my friends.

Today I wanted to share this with you:

DRINK, STEAL, SWEAR & LIE (Not what you think, so read on)!
FOUR RULES TO LIVE BY~

I met this guy while I was in Albuquerque and he has a motto he lives by everyday.
He said listen carefully and live by these 4 rules: Drink, Steal, Swear & Lie.
I was shaking my head 'no', but he then told me to listen while he explained his four rules. So here they are:
1.) "Drink" from the 'Everlasting Cup' every day.
2.) "Steal" a moment to help someone that is in worse shape than you are.
3.) "Swear" that you will be a better person today than yesterday.
4.) And last, but not least, when you "lie" down at night, thank God that you live in America and have freedom.*

I am not as good as I should be; I am not as good as I could be; but THANK GOD, I am better than I used to be.* -Author Unknown

**********************

{To make an easy} Fruit Punch

combine 1 1/2 cups Cranberry Juice
1/2 can Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
and 1 can (7 ounces) Crushed Pineapple
in a blender. Blend until smooth,
then add 2 cups Ginger Ale.
-Chill and serve. Makes 1 quart.*

***************************

It's time again to start the garden, time to plant those seeds. My husband turned all the dirt and added fertilizer. We've decided on a bunch of different vegetables this year. For sure we're planting zucchini. Actually, zucchini tastes really good barbecued. We sliced it up, put seasoning on it and cooked it right on the grill. I'm trying to cook more with fresh vegetables. Steamed cabbage is good, also steamed crisp green beans with mushrooms was good. Play around with different spices and you could get some real good results. I've cut myself off from eating at restaurants and started concentrating more on good home cooking. I haven't been suffering at all and my husband sure is enjoying it. We've been enjoying baked potatoes and sweet potatoes wrapped in foil and cooked baked potato style are really good. I'm trying to stay away from sweets and white bread too. It's been two weeks and the clothes are fitting looser. (that's another good reason to eat better) I sure am glad it's spring time again. The grass is starting to get green again and the plants and trees are starting to wake back up. The birds chirp so happily and there has even been days when I've hung some clothes out to dry on the clothesline in back.
***********************

I'm going to say goodbye, now. Have a wonderful day! Blessings! -Missygirl*










<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]