Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hi!

~I overheard a conversation while sorting my mail. A delivery boy, talking to the postmaster, punctuated every sentance with the name of Jesus. As he was leaving, I asked him, "Who is this Jesus you speak about so much? Is He a friend?"
The delivery boy stared at me. "You mean you never heard of Him?"
"Were you referring to the eternal Son of God, who was born of a virgin, died on the cross for our sins and..."
"That's Him! That's the one I'm talking about."
"Well, if that's Him- the One who ascended into heaven and is coming again to judge the living and the dead-why do you use His name so carelessly? Why don't you respect Him?"
My words hit their mark.
He knew his speech was disrespectful.
Then I asked," Do you know the ten commandments? One of them says, 'You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain' (Exodus 20:7). That's the sad news. The good news is that He's already paid the penalty for your sins on the cross. If you accept Him as your Savior, He can set you free from your sins, including this one."
"I guess you're right, but I have to go now," the boy muttered as he ran away.

How about you? Will you accept Jesus or will you run away too? If you ask Him to forgive you and save you, His answer is "I will." The Bible says, " If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrightousness." (1 John 1:9) -G.D.C.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< Have a good day! Blessings! -Missygirl*







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]