Sunday, March 02, 2008

"What's wrong with me?" -Do you ever ask yourself that question?
Recently I noticed how many times I do. When I can't find something. When I fight with my husband. When I let someone down. When I arrive late somewhere. The list goes on.
It dawned on me that every time I think "What's wrong with me?" I try to figure out what it is so I can change it. What I actually need to change, is how I talk to myself.
Why? Because every time I ask myself, "What's wrong with me?" I'm telling myself that something is wrong with me.
That's not what God wants me to say to myself --a dear person He created. It's not what He wants you to say to yourself either. But there is someone who loves it when you do though.
He'll even whisper it in your ear: "What's wrong with you?" -He's the enemy of our soul and he's trying to convince us that we're incompetent, inadequate and all alone in our struggles --
so that we never become what God wants us to be.
He wants us to take our eyes of Christ and focus on our flaws; then spend days figuring out how we can hide them. -That's what he did with Eve in the garden of Eden. I wonder if she might have even thought, "what's wrong with me?" when faced with her own inadequacies and failures.
But think back to what God said to Adam and Eve. He asked them: "Who told you that you were naked?" In other words, "Who told you that something was wrong with you?"
God acknowledged that there was someone casting shame on them and it wasn't Him. He warned that they had an enemy whispering lies into their hearts, causing them to move away from Him and each other.
Satan's plot is the same for us. But we don't have to comply. Instead , we can fight back against his accusations with truth. We can stand on the truth of who we are in Christ- chosen, holy and dearly loved. We can accept that we are the way we are because it's all part of our God-given design. All part of our "package".
None of us is perfect. All of us have strengths and weaknesses, but we are "fearfully and wonderfully made" -just the way God planned.

Lord, make me aware of the times when I am not so nice to myself. Help me recognize my self-doubt and the enemy's accusations. I want to turn away from the lies so I can listen to (and live in) Your Truth. I want to become all that You created me to be. In the glorious Name of Your Son, The Lord Jesus Christ, I pray. -amen.*

*************************************************

Some of the things that trip us up in life the worst, turn out to be really trivial.
**********************
Blessings! -Missygirl*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]