Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Happy August Everybody!!

Here where I live in Colorado, we just finished beating a 1901 record of 18 consecutive days of 90 something degree weather. 18 days was the old record, yesterday was our 23rd day. I'm so glad that's over. They had said the most it had reached today was 83 degrees at DIA International Airport. I really wanted to do more outside each day, plant more flowers, spend more time out there with the ones I have, get the fountain running; but I just can't be in the heat. It gets too much for me to handle. I wanted to have more barbecue dinners outside, but that's alright, I just have to be more creative inside the kitchen. Well, I found this recipe for you, it's a take on the old fashioned BLT, very simple, uses different bread though.

GROOVY BLT (when was the last time you had a good BLT?)

1/4 cup Mayonnaise
4 Baguette Rolls -6 inches each- split, toasted.
4 large Lettuce leaves
8 slices Tomato
12 whole slices Bacon, crisply cooked, drained

Spread Mayonnaise onto Baguettes.
Fill with Lettuce, Tomatoes and Bacon.* -Makes 4-

If it's a hot day you could eat these with chips and dip.
If it's a cold day you could eat these with Tomato Soup.
I guess you could make variations of this recipe. You could substitute Pepperoni instead of Bacon. I bet that would be good too.*
*******************************

FYI:
In August of 1858, the first street mailboxes
were set up in Boston and New York City.*
**********************
FYI:
In August 1949, The National Basketball Association
was formed.*
************************

FYI:
In August 1922, Telephones across the United States (some 13 million) were silenced for 1 minute on the day of Alexander Graham Bell's funeral.*
**************************************

MY BRAIN IS THE KEY THAT SETS ME FREE. -Harry Houdini

In 1926, Harry Houdini stayed underwater for 91 minutes in an airtight case in which an ordinary person could have survived for only a few minutes.*

********************************
I hope you have a wonderful day! Blessings! -Missygirl*









<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]