Friday, August 29, 2008

Hi There!

Greetings from Denver, Colorado!
I'm glad the DNC is over!
One newspaper from New York City claimed our night life here is boring.
Good. I wouldn't want the New York city night life here.
I kind of like a little bit more calmed down life. I really like to be able to sleep quietly at night.
Don't get me wrong. We have our moments too. For those who look for it, they can find it.
I guess all I'm trying to say is: I really love it here and I guess everybody just needs to find the spot in the world that fits them best.
WELL... Today I have a recipe for you! I really like this one. Here we go:

CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
"shredded chicken is simmered with masa harina, enchilada sauce and cheddar cheese in this easy soup."

Ingredients:
1 pound skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 quart chicken broth
1 cup masa harina
3 cups water, divided
1 cup enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Directions:
1.) In a large pot over medium heat, cook chicken breasts in oil until thoroughly cooked on both sides. Remove and set aside.
2.) Cook onion and garlic in remaining oil until onions are translucent. Pour in chicken broth.
In a bowl, whisk together masa harina and 2 cups of water until well blended. Pour into pot. Add remaining 1 cup of water, enchilada sauce, salt, chili powder, cumin, and cheddar cheese.
Bring to a slow boil.
3.) Shred cooked chicken and add it to the pot.
Reduce heat and simmer about 1/2 an hour, until thickened.
4.) Serve and enjoy.*

***************************************************

GREETINGS TO MY 7TH GRANDCHILD BORN ON 8/14/08:
(BEAUTIFUL GRANDDAUGHTER AYMAR)
& Happy Birthday to my grandson ALEX who turned 2 yesterday!

*************************************************

Bumper Stickers and Road Rage linked?

Tommy writes:
I think bumper stickers are a great indicator of how a person drives. Half of the time I ride my motorcycle around town, and through that experience I've learned to discriminate.
(yes, I said the 'd' word), here's how:
Obama stickers: Generally clueless people have these, they tend not to look in mirrors and just shift lanes. When they do shift lanes, they go really slow in the left lane holding up traffic.
They seem to be focused on themselves and not the world around them. Their politics reflect their driving.
Abortion supporters: Tend to be women that are glued to a cell phone or having a high intensity conversation with other passengers. They are the ones that don't stop fully when making right hand turns and just change lanes without indicating; a very selfish driver.
Anti-war stickers: These drivers are so nice that they don't use their right of way and are super apologetic. They are overly cautious and often let other drivers take advantage of them. Those are the ones that I just cut off and generally ignore. Not only because I've served two tours in Iraq and I have a general dislike for wussies, but primarily I know if I do anything to them, they won't do anything to me; they are spineless.
Honorably Discharged Veteran license plates: They're just like me so I grant them full courtesy.
(unless they're Iraq Vets for Peace... those guys just stink and they don't deserve to be treated with respect or any other well regard).
College Alumni stickers: They tend to be safer drivers and and look before they turn.
High school stickers: Watch out. No blinker, no brakes, not ever paying attention; I don't ever ride in front of them (that's from being rear-ended once by one) or in a position to where I have to react and they block my exit.
Animal Rights stickers: Irrational drivers all around.
Republican stickers: They tend to drive a bit faster than traffic but generally follow the rules; I don't worry about them too much.
Pro-gun stickers: Good drivers, I don't worry about being car/bike jacked when they're around; tend to be good drivers too.
So there it is; Because of what I see I adjust my driving/riding accordingly around those people.*
**********************************

(Thanks so much for your enlightening views, Tommy. We will surely take these things into remembrance while driving!)

*********************

Each second of every day, an area of rain forest the size of
an American football field is burned or bulldozed.

Rain forest Rescue ~ Arbor Day Foundation ~ www.arborday.org

***************************************************

Luke 12:40 (Jesus is speaking:)
"You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come
at an hour when you do not expect Him."

***********************
(Are you ready?)

Have a Wonderful Day! Blessings! -Missygirl*
















<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]