Monday, September 01, 2008

HAPPY SEPTEMBER!
What a beautiful month, I always love the changes; Some autumn flowers start becoming bright,
the leaves start changing colors, everything starts settling down, the kids are back in school, time to look for the sweaters! -Just Beautiful!*
********************************
Happy Birthday to my Granddaughter Leesa! She's turned 8 big years today!!
Thank You Lord!*

******************************

Today my husband and I are getting our pictures taken. The lady that is taking them is the same one who took the senior pictures of the kids and she does such a wonderful job. When my daughter moves back to Colorado at the first of the year, I'd like to get the portrait taken of all of my grandchildren together. That would be just awesome! The lady that takes the pictures does such a wonderful job! She's done this work for years. Her name is Jan Pelton.
You can see her work and look at her Photo Art Gallery also if you'd like, she has prints for sale here too. Her web address is: http://www.janpeltonphotography.com/
I let my husband know that what I really wanted for my birthday this year was a professional picture taken of just the two of us. It has been SO LONG since we've had a professional one taken. (he liked the idea too!) For my birthday, I know it's a lot easier on him if I don't just send him out on his own to pick out a gift for me, he stresses about it. He appreciates it if I let him know what I would really like to receive. (He's always on his own for gift selection on Valentine's day though.)*
****************************************

CHILE VERDE

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 cup Chopped Onion
3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
3 Pounds Pork , cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 cup Flour
2 (14.5 ounce) cans Diced Tomatoes
2 (7 ounce) cans Diced Green Chiles
3/4 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 teaspoon Salt

Directions:
Heat Vegetable Oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add Onion and Garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes until onion is tender. Add Pork and Flour; stir frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until Pork is no longer pink.
Add Tomatoes WITH the Juice, chiles, broth and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover partially. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes until thickened. Enjoy!*

******************************************




Have a Wonderful Day! Blessings- Missygirl*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]