Friday, October 17, 2008

Good morning everybody! -Fall is really here in all it's glory! If there were any doubts before, I don't have any now. I don't know about any kind of Indian summer here. It's just cold. Right now it's 40 degrees. Yesterday it was windy and now the driveway is just full of leaves. Those are the ones from my neighbor's tree. That tree overhangs our driveway. My little dog is such a scaredy cat. He got nervous when the leaves started falling real good yesterday and wanted to go back in the house right away. I watered out back yesterday and turned the sprinklers on in the front yard. My husband said he'll do the sprinkler system blow out on Sunday so Ive been watering an extra bit more this week, I'm trying to give the grass it's 'last hurrah' this year.

It's time to winterize the house too. We have to empty the water out of the swamp cooler and cover it real good and it's time to change the furnace filter. The firewood needs to be cut and stacked too; and We've got to make sure the vehicles are good on antifreeze. I need to cover the lawn chairs with plastic tarps. I think that's about it. It may seem like I'm doing this stuff kind of early, but not really. Right about halloween day is when we get the first good snow and today

is October 17th, so it's coming just around the corner.

The new pictures we had taken turned out really nice and I want to get them up here for you but I need to scan them into the computer and I haven't done that yet, but I will. (I promise!)

I haven't been reading much lately. (I'm being a slacker, I know.) I am reading 1 good book, I read a chapter each night before I go to bed. It's a devotional, from the authors that brought us the 'Left Behind' series. It's called 'Perhaps Today' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins.

It talks about end time events. (the last days goings on) -It's very insightful. I recommend it.*


******************************************


The ruins of Pompeii, in Italy, which was covered with ashes from the eruptions of Mount Vesuvius, began to be dug up in 1748. Before the digging had gone on very long, the workers found a skeleton stretched forth at full length, with gold and silver coins that had rolled out of bony hands, still seeking, it seemed, to clutch them fast. Strange, in the very act of death, still grasping the coins! But he "couldn't take them with him."

That is a fair picture of a tragic truth, that the endeavor to clutch coins has spoiled life for many people. For what shall it profit to clutch all the coins ever minted, if in the lust for gain, we lose our own life?


Give us, O God, the open hand of generous giving.

Save us from hands grasping for greed. Amen.*


*************************************************


POTATOES FOR A CROWD


1 (32 oz. size) pkg. of Hash Browns, thawed


Put this into a greased (I use Pam) 13x9 inch pan.


1 (8 oz.) Sour Cream

1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup

1 stick of Butter

2 cups grated Cheddar Cheese


2 cups Corn Flakes

1/2 stick Butter (melted)


Melt butter and mix everything together. Pour and spread on top of Hash Browns.

Smash up 2 cups of Corn Flakes, add the 1/2 stick of melted butter and mix.

Put on top of mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. (MMM MMM GOOD!!!)*


***************************************************************


Enjoy your day! -Blessings!-Missygirl*












<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]