Monday, November 10, 2008

What a really beautiful November day! -44 days until Christmas-

Hi friends! -As I went grocery shopping Saturday, I noticed that Christmas music was playing in the store already. People are getting excited about Christmas a little early this year. My daughter said, "I just love Christmas music!" She just smiled. That's good. But the holidays aren't quite here yet. I still have to decide about Thanksgiving dinner. Should I add some new things to the dinner this year? Should I let the girls do the cooking and sit this one out? Should we go out to eat? (then, where?) So many choices...so little time! -I don't know yet.
It was supposed to be dusted over with snow outside when we woke up this morning. Nope. No snow. Just a beautiful day. I need to clean up dog poo outside today. Not a fun job, but it needs to be done nevertheless.*
*****************************
Whipped sweet potato bake

Ingredients:
3 cans (15 oz. each) sweet potatoes, drained
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted.
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3 cups miniature marshmallows

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Mash the sweet potatoes,
mix with butter and spice in large bowl until blended.
spoon into greased one and a half quart casserole dish;
top with marshmallows.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until potato mixture is heated through
and marshmallows are lightly browned.*
****************************************

Flying Bugs on Houseplants
I used to find bugs in my potted plants after I brought them in for the winter.
Filling a spray bottle with water and an inch or two of a product called TENGARD is absolutely the only thing I've ever found that works. I've tried water and dish soap, I've tried vinegar. Regular and apple cider. Finally I tried this product. It's one my husband uses for bugs in the back yard, kills any kind of bug we've needed to kill, even fleas, so I tried it here. We purchased ours at a place called 'American Pride Co-op' but they sell it online also.
Just fill your bottle, spray, and there you go.*
*************************************

"TO REMIND US THAT WE SHOULD LIFT OUR EYES TO THE HILLS I SUGGEST A RE-READING OF THE BOOK WE BUY MOST FREQUENTLY BUT NEVER FIND THE TIME TO READ." -Sterling North

********************
II Chronicles 16:9 -
For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth
to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.*
*************************
Have such a wonderful day friends! -Blessings!-Missygirl*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]