Sunday, February 15, 2009

A moment of reflection

As I sit on my front porch swing, I feel the warmth of God's sun shining on my arm as I also feel a cold breeze blowing in my face. One thing so strong and the other, totally opposite, yet equally as strong. That's kind of how the world looks at me.
I feel warmth from my church family and my family. They know about my disability. My handicap. There. I said it. My disability. My handicap. I've been sick with multiple sclerosis for about 14 years now; But they say, with all diseases, you most likely carry it around with you for a good long time before it manifests itself. - I have begged, pleaded even, for the Lord to take it away. He didn't, He won't.
"My Grace is sufficient for you."
No Lord, Maybe it's not. Maybe I need something more.
"My Grace is sufficient for you."
Okay. I get it. I'll trust You.
"I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
Thank You Lord. I love You so. -
People that don't know me or don't like me, see me walking gimpy and treat me coldly. They don't have room in their lives or hearts even, for a cripple. I know the Lord God hand picked this sickness for me. They just don't know that. It wasn't my choice, but I do love Him.
{And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.}

"I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
Thank You, my Lord, I love You so.
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

~We have to play the hand we're dealt.~

Blessings to you & yours, -Missygirl*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]