Sunday, March 08, 2009

March is National Craft Month!

I was wondering what craft I should do. I think I'll make the new curtains that my husband and I picked out and already purchased the fabric for. (It's because of sheer laziness they're not made yet. They could have been done by now.) Anyway...yes. The curtains it shall be. They'll be just beautiful. I'm not a real crafty person you see. I want to be, but it seems everything I'd like to do is just really hard. I chicken out before I even try. Maybe I should make that a resolution this year. Try more stuff. Don't chicken out. Put on my big girl panties and get with it! (I know it's March already but I think it's perfectly fine to start resolutions any time we feel like it.)*
Well, I hope everyone is doing well. I have another real good recipe for you today. It's one of my faves. My sister and I found this in one of mom's cookbooks. We both like it. I'm sure you will too:

"Chicken Enchiladas"

12 Corn Tortillas
Vegetable Oil
2 Cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese, divided
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups (diluted with water) canned chicken broth
1 (8 ounce) container of sour cream
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles

directions:
Fry tortillas, one at a time, in 2 Tablespoons oil in a medium skillet
5 seconds on each side or just until tortillas are softened; add additional oil, if needed.
Drain on paper towels.
Place 2 Tablespoons cheese on each tortilla; roll up and place, seam side down,
in a 12- x 8- x 2 -inch baking dish. Set aside.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until tender. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth; cook over medium heat, continue stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sour cream, chicken and chiles.
Pour over tortillas. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Yields 6 servings*

*******************************************************
I was just outside a little while ago, watering everything. The early spring crocuses are already starting to come out. There are new little shoots on the trees, flowers, bushes. This winter has been extremely mild here. We really need moisture. I wonder if we'll get some snow yet. We'll have to wait and see but it is much needed. I won't complain if it comes. (Okay, that's not a promise though. I do get cabin fever easily.)*

*******************************************************
About Evangelism:
Witnessing is one beggar
telling another beggar
where he can find bread.*
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

The true children of God are those who let God's Spirit lead them.*
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Have a wonderful evening. Blessings! -Missygirl*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]