Monday, March 16, 2009

Snowstorms turn into rain showers. Clocks were set ahead. Green returns to the grass and crocuses, daffodils and tulips send new shoots skyward.
The clouds part...and brighter skies fill with the chirps of recently hatched birds.
There's no denying it. Winter is looking at its final days.
Spring, the season that celebrates fresh new beginnings and new life
is coming around the corner!*

************************************

Hey! How is everyone today? Great I hope! Me too.

Silly questions that make me smile:

Is there another word for synonym?
Isn't it unnerving that doctors call what they do 'practice'?
Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to keep remaining silent?
Why do they put Braille on the driver's side of drive-through bank machines?
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
If you TRY to fail and succeed, what have you done?
Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "s" in it?
If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?
Could it be that all those trick-or-treaters wearing sheets aren't going as ghosts but as mattresses?
Why do they lock gas station bathrooms- are they afraid someone will clean them?
If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why don't they make the whole airplane out of that stuff?

Yes, Silly questions make me smile...........

****************************************
Today I wanted to give you some recipes for a few different Tortilla Chip dips that I think you'll like.

Mexican Dip
1 container of Sour Cream
1 package of Cream Cheese
1 packet of Taco Seasoning Mix

-mix well-

Top With:
Shredded Lettuce
Tomatoes
Black Olives
Green Onions
Mexican Cheese (& Salsa if you want)*

************************************

NACHO DIP
1 LB. of Ground Beef
1 LB. of Sausage
1 can of Diced Tomatoes with Chilies
1 box (2 lbs.) Velveeta Cheese (store brand is OK)

Brown the ground beef and sausage.
(I just put them in the frying pan together)
After the meat is done, drain all the fat off really good.
Put it in a crock pot.
Open the tomatoes (w/chilies) and drain well.
Put tomatoes (w/chilies) and the cheese into the crock pot along with the meat.
Set the crock pot to High or Low depending on how soon you need it.
That's it. Just dump it all in and let the cheese melt. Serve with Tortilla Chips. -A really easy recipe and a hit at parties.*
**********************************

This next recipe is good, but makes a lot! -7 Cups-

Chuy's Jalapeño Ranch Dip
(The Real Deal)

1 quart Mayonnaise
1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup chopped Jalepeño
1 cup green tomatillo sauce
½ bunch cilantro, chopped
3 (1 oz.)packets of Dry Ranch Dressing Mix

Directions:
Mix first 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Stir in Ranch Dressing Mixes with a whisk until smooth again.
Chill. Then Serve and Enjoy!*

**********************************
I get a new perspective when I read in the Bible that God says I am His.
It means that I belong to Him! The thought that God, Almighty God, The One who created the universe, considers me His, a most valued possession, that truth alone is enough to make me bow down and cry gratefully. Being His means God will never let me go. (Because He loves me.) There isn't anything in the world that will keep Him away from His children. At many points in my life I've felt Him pull me near Him; In my darkest hours or brightest days. Even when I'd stray away, He'll pull me back to Him and hold me tight. I'm so thankful I'm His. He could never love me anymore than He does today and He could never love me any less than He does today. -(Romans 8:39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.*
**************************************************

Blessings to you today my dear friends! -Missygirl*
















<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]