Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hello! We Have Another Beautiful Day Today! Welcome!!

I wanted to share this story with you:

'Homecoming'
One of my favorite pastimes as a boy was walking the creek behind our home. Those walks were high adventure for me.: rocks to skip, birds to watch, dams to build, animal tracks to follow. If I made it to the mouth of the creek, my dog and I would sit and share lunch while we watched the biplanes land across the lake.
We'd linger as long as we could, but only so long, for my father wanted me home before sunset. The shadows grew long and the hollows got dark fast in the woods. I'd be wishing along the way that I was already home.
Our house sat on a hill behind some trees, but the light was always on until all the family was in. Often my father would be sitting on the back porch, reading the paper, waiting for me. "How did it go?" he would ask. "Pretty good," I'd say. "But it sure is good to be home."
Those memories of walking the creek make me think of another journey - the one I'm making now. It isn't always easy, but I know at the end of it there's a caring Father and my eternal home. I can hardly wait to get there.
I'm expected there. The light is on and my heavenly Father is waiting for me. I suppose He'll ask, just like my father used to, "How did it go?" "pretty good," I'll say. "But it sure is good to be home." -by, David Roper

<>< <><<>< <>< <>< <>< <><

HE WILL BE WAITING FOR ME-
JESUS SO KIND AND TRUE;
ON HIS BEAUTIFUL THRONE HE WILL WELCOME ME HOME-
AFTER THE DAY IS THROUGH. -Vandall

<>< <>< <>< <><


TALK ABOUT COMPUTER PROBLEMS!

On Saturday here at home, while workers were putting in a new wall in our shower for us (I really needed grab bars) , I decided to get on the computer for a bit. I checked my e-mails, my mySpace, etc. I wasn't looking at anything objectionable, as a matter of fact I remember exactly
what I opened up: It was on AOL right near where I check my e-mail. It's where they have things like... "Colorado is one of the five leanest states, click here and see where your state ranks"...type of thing. Well this one said, "The best and worst kinds of haircuts" so I clicked on it. Bad move. Very bad move. -Now, I have Windows Live One Care that Qwest is always bragging about, that it's so good, just the best. Well... -news flash- it's not.
Right away pop-ups started flashing: Warning! Security Alert! Your computer has been infected by parasites trying to invade your PC! -They wanted me to click there and activate some rouge spyware remover that had attached itself to my computer and would come on at the start up, every single time I logged into my computer. It was so annoying! Continual pop-ups and continual commercials about erectile dysfunction! -The Windows Live One Care showed that it found an infected software and asked if I wanted it removed. I clicked yes, and then a new pop-up appeared and said it had been removed. But it hadn't! -IT WAS SO ANNOYING!! IT JUST WOULDN'T GO AWAY! I tried everything that I knew or could think of. Then I called Qwest. After waiting 15 minutes (it took longer than usual because the tech was having computer problems. I pretty much lost all hope that they would be able to help me at that point) finally I talked to a tech guy and he told me they couldn't help me. I'd have to take my computer into a repair place, and that repair work can cost anywhere from $150.00 -$200.00 dollars! I mentioned to him that supposedly if Windows Live One Care is so good and all, what's up with that? He said that it's like swine flu. The attacks pick and choose who they want to attack, and all of the attacks can't always be caught. Windows Live One Care must have just missed that one. Sorry. Then our conversation was over. Then I called my sister.

She told me about a FREE site: www.malwarebytes.org/

This site identifies and removes malicious software from your computer. When your computer becomes infected, malwarebytes can remove the infection and restore your computer to optimum performance. And For Free!!!

I went to this site and they scanned my computer and found something like 238 viruses!!!
AMAZING! - Then it tells you where they are from, and it will delete them if you want. (it asks you first) It cleaned everything! (FOR FREE!!! )
After this incident I had no trust at all in Qwest's protection for my computer. My sister told me about security that she uses for her computer. I found it at Office Max. She got hers at Target.
So I guess they must sell this all over the place. It's called: McAfee VirusScan Plus 2009
The box says: McAfee, the leading computer security company for over 20 years, is backed by McAfee Avert Labs, our world-class security threat and research organization.
Continuous and automatic updates protect you from ever-evolving online threats.
I have it on my computer now. It cost $39.99. I think it was well worth it.* (praise Jesus!)
****************************************

Have a good day friends! Blessings to you and yours! -Missygirl*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]